Sunday, October 2, 2011

Review:The Devil Wears Prada-Dead Throne

      What can I say the guys from Ohio have done it again. I have every album these guys have ever put out, and with the exception of The Zombie E.P., I was ready to give up on them. Not because I thought they were bad, but because I was getting bored with the genre.  Then this monster Dead Throne came out in September. This album is fucking intense. It's not that usual poppy "grindcore" shit, this is a brutal masterpiece. If you don't believe me, check out the song Born to Lose.  Mike's(lead singer)voice has definitely matured for the better.  His screams are deeper and sound more intimate, making you feel his every emotion.
      It's more than just a good voice that makes a band a band.  The breakdowns make you want to punch yourself in the face (in a good way), and the riffs melt the skin off your face. Chris and Jeremy really outdid themselves with this album. In thier first full length, Dear Love: A Beautiful Discord, the guitars seemed a little lazy. A lot of breakdowns(which are awesome) but not a lot of the technical riffs. This album has both, which is the reason why I fell in love with this genre in the first place.
       The bass and drum combo of Andy and Danny really make this album for me.  Heavy hitting double bass, with sick ass fills, while Andy is destroying it on bass.You'll find yourself head banging with every track.  I can't even tell you what song I dont like on this album, because there isnt one.  
    With James on keys you really can't go wrong. I haven't heard anything he has done that I have been disapointed with. From the first song I head. Dogs can grow beards all over, to Forever Decay  he has been killing it on the keyboard.  Everything he has done has almost made each song 10 times better.
      The Devil Wears Prada has definitely matured since their debut full length, Dear Love: A Beautiful Discord. Apart from just their funny song titles, which are now more serious, the sound is so much better than when I found them on Myspace back in 2006. I thought they were insane then. This is theshit that made me fall in love with the genre, from bands like Norma Jean,NORA, and Hopesfall who now fell to the post hardcore devil, these guys bring it back with a vengeance and fucking destroy it. This is an album that I will be listening to for a long time. I can't wait for the next one.  If you feel like listening to something other than Nickelback, and want some beautifully crafted and organized chaos that will blow you're fucking mind, then go pick this album up. Follow the band on twitter @tdwpband, and also on their website www.tdwpband.com.

The Devil Wears Prada-Born To Lose (video)


PHiLBoBagginz.

No comments:

Post a Comment